Friday, January 11, 2019

Mini-quilts make special gifts!

A few years ago, I created a tutorial for this style of
Christmas tree mini-quilt.  The original quilt hangs in my sewing studio.
Recently when a friend visited me, she mentioned how much she liked the quilt.
She also collects gnomes.....so I put the 2 together
and came up with this gift for her.



The next mini-quilt I made was for my Aunt Louise.
Her birthday is in November, but she just received her quilt.

I need to make more of these.


And finally this cute little mug rug for my
sister who LOVES snow.


Almost forgot, I made myself another mini-quilt.
This one started by playing with half-square triangles to make stars.
I decided to combine them. It could be used as a table runner,
but I hung it on my studio wall.
Same star, just different arrangements of the half-square triangles.


Here's an updated picture of my studio display....
makes me smile!



Thanks for visiting my neglected blog :)

Carolyn


3 comments:

Vasudha said...

Love that Christmas tree and thanks for the tutorial.

Kat said...

What adorable minis! I am going to bookmark your tutorial nor next Christmas! Thanks!

Nikki said...

Love your gnome and tree mini. Adore your sewing niche! Thank you for sharing.

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...