Friday, June 10, 2022

Return to the Creative World

I'm back!
Well at least for the summer or maybe just part of the summer.

In December, I retired from (aka quit) my office job to become a
"stay at home" gramma to our newborn grandson. His mother (our daughter) teaches school so I have summers free for creative/fun projects. My goal is to complete one project/week. So far I'm on target.

This throw sized quilt is a Disappearing 4 Patch pattern.
I used scraps for the tans and muslin for the solid part.


The large spiral quilting was done on my domestic Bernina machine. Not sure I'll ever do that again on this size project. I started one weekend and finished the next due to the sore muscles. I worked on this project during the spring but finished it up this summer.


I started in the center free-motion quilting (FMQ). After 2-3 rotations I switched to my walking foot, it was still a challenge but I'm glad I tried it. Love the circular effect with all the squares.


The backing is a minky type fabric. I also used a low loft polyester batting which would not have been necessary. Live and learn. It sure is a cuddly quilt!


Not sure if Blogs are still used much anymore but thought I'd document my projects.

Thanks for stopping by!
Carolyn



 

No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...