Friday, June 17, 2022

Vintage Toy Fabric Baby Quilt

The next finish for this summer is a baby quilt.
I purchased this vintage toy fabric when I was planning a baby quilt for our grandson but I later found something I liked better so this was just hanging out in my studio. The coordinating fabrics are a green shadow dot and a very light green tone on tone, although in the pictures it reads as white or cream.


I used a simple hour glass block alternated with a block of the toy fabric. I like the on-point square in a square illusion.


The quilting is a simple wavy line done with my walking foot.


The backing is the remaining "minky" from an earlier quilt and there is no batting (lesson learned).


Just a sweet, easy project that is waiting to be gifted someday.

Thanks for stopping by,
Carolyn


 

No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...