Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Autumn Kitty Quilt


Completed this scrap quilt (60" x 72") featuring a kitty silhouette.
We love cats at our house, we used to have 3. 
But sadly, due to allergies, kitties may no longer live with us.


The quilt began as a leaders/enders project but
at some point I just decided to finish it.
Simple checkerboard design using 3.5 inch squares.
The fabrics were mostly from my stash, although
I picked up a couple little pieces at a thrift/craft store
in Lancaster, PA.


I quilted it with my home sewing machine using a walking foot.
Wasn't hard but it was time consuming, like maybe 6 hours.
The backing is an extra wide flannel fabric found at JoAnn
on the clearance rack - happy score.
It is so soft and cuddly.


And this is where the new quilt will live (or on my lap)
until I decorate for Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by my little blog.

Carolyn
 

3 comments:

quiltingbydawn said...

A great scrappy quilt with a Fall feel! The backing works great! Congrats on your finish!

Bonnie said...

Nice to have a cute reminder of your cats. This is a great quilt. I don't think to use 3.5" squares often and this really calls to me although I'd probably put a dog on it! Enjoy snuggling with your new quilt.

Sandy Panagos said...

Now you can have a cat at home despite your allergies! Lovely quilt.

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...