Thursday, December 22, 2022

Christmas Pouches


I have 5 great-nieces on my side of the family.
So for Christmas I made monogrammed pouches for each one.
The sixth one is for our granddaughter.


The pouches are approximately 8 x 10 inches in size.
I was able to complete all these pouches without buying a thing.


Not sure if I should be proud of that or 
embarrassed to have so many scraps.
At least I'm making good use of the scraps, right?


Each pouch is the favorite color or reflects the
personality of each girl.


The exterior cotton includes a light woven iron-on interfacing.


The diamonds and letters were applied with a fusible product
and then machine appliqued in place.


I used a variety of zippers and ribbon for the zipper pulls.


The pouches are lined with a pre-quilted cotton fabric.
I really like using this lining as it adds some structure
without having to mess with small pieces of batting.
I use this same lining in most of the bags I make.


I am so pleased with how these pouches turned out,
and as you can tell, 
I had way too much fun photographing them!


This year Christmas is extra special for our family.
Recently, some of these girlies were added
to our family through adoption. 
What a blessing!

Merry Christmas!
Carolyn





No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...