Sunday, September 23, 2012

2nd Annual Quilt Retreat

I recently met with my Aunt Louise and my sister, Carlene, for our 2nd quilt retreat.  
There was more sewing and less quilting this time.


The first evening my aunt made these 3 winter table runners.
(sorry the color isn't very good)
We used a free internet pattern call 10 minute table runners.
Google it  :)


And these coasters using this tutorial.


One thing my aunt wanted to make was something using the feed sacks her
brother-in-law had given her.
These windowpane blocks are the result (close-up photos below).
Cut sizes, panes 6.5 inches square, cross bars 1.5 inches wide
and sash or outside borders 2.5 inches wide.
After more blocks are made, they will be set together with white sashing
to make a wall hanging or quilt.








Last year, my sister stitched a quilt top, this year she finished by adding 3 borders.  
She hopes to start hand quilting soon.


I started a Christmas quilt.  I made 8 blocks including the ones pictured above.


And lastly, we found the pattern pieces to a clothes pin bag
that our mother use to make.  There were no instructions, but we managed to 
get the bags made, not sure they are correctly made but they will work.
We are hoping to make more of these next time, maybe till then
we will figure out some things better.

It was a wonderful few days, reconnecting with family and stitching!

Have a great week!
Carolyn

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm so glad you shared photos of your clothespin bags! It is fun to see the final result. They look great!

And it was great fun having an evening to catch up with you all!
Gina

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...