Thursday, August 31, 2023

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride....

A friend from church requested a bag.


My fabric selections are getting slim but I came up with this combo.
She loves it!


This super sized tote was a gift for the 
AirBNB hosts we stayed with recently.


This bag was made a little differently, the lining was quilted
directly to the exterior, made for a study bag.


However, adding pockets looked a little different.
I appreciated the end project, 
although during the process I sometimes wondered.


After helping my sister finish a beautiful baby quilt she gave me the 
remaining fabric. Immediately I thought of the breast cancer
colors. I found a free ribbon pattern on-line and
created this bag.  It will be sold at a local craft fair.


This black tote and the following make-up bags and mini-wallets
will also be sold at the craft fair.




And now to the future.....

While on vacation we visited a fabric outlet near Harrisonburg VA.
I've been there before, it has lots of upholstery and drapery fabrics.
I did not know they are going out of business.  Everything was
50% off and it was so overwhelming.


I only purchased these 3 fabrics, I'll use the golden one
to make an autumn bag but not sure which brown will
compliment it best. It will sit on my cutting table for a while
till I decide.  Oh what fun!

Thanks for joining in the fun of my "crazy bag lady" summer.
It's time for school to start so the return of babysitting
and less sewing.  Life is all about balance right?

Carolyn













No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...