Thursday, October 10, 2013

4 Bags and a Pumpkin Mini-Quilt

This weeks work resulted in 4 bags for the missions fundraiser.

Smallish purple and gray chevron bag with snap closure 
and detachable rolled rose detail.

Gray, black and wine plaid bag is a little bigger than the chevron 
and also has a snap closure.


 This large tote bag is very sturdy and reversible. 
Great for an overnight bag, kid stuff, needlework or even office work

Another large, sturdy tote bag.  
It stands alone nicely so has lots of potential.

The sunset shown in the blog banner was 
the inspiration I needed to kick this project in gear.
I'm really loving the result so will probably keep it for myself.
This quilted pumpkin mat is the size of a large placemat. 

I'd love to make more of these, but don't have many scraps in these colors.
If time permits, I know I can do one more, but I'm trying to eek out 2.

This project was a nice diversion since I have depleated most of the
essential supplies needed in bag making and I'm waiting to get a good deal
at a local fabric store this weekend.



Stay tuned....this cooler, wet weather is great for sewing.
Carolyn


6 comments:

LA Paylor said...

that little pumpkin is precious. I like the bag display a lot
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Glinda ♥ said...

I love bags and yours are really lovely. I am sure they'll be very much appreciated by the recipients. I know what you mean about the cooler weather - it's got cold and wet in London - perfect weekend weather for quilting :)

tink's mom said...

Love your bags. Just terrific. You definetly need to make another pumpkin mat. it's wonderful.

Beth said...

Your bags look great and that pumpkin placemat is so cute!

Kristin said...

Wow, you were on a roll! Great bags and super cute pumpkin....I love pumpkins.

Gina said...

Too much cuteness! You inspire me to pull out my fabric and sewing machine!
Gina

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...