Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A First and a Finish

First quilt finished in our new home.....
which leads to a new challenge:  trying to find places to photo projects at our new home


The old park bench, I used this at our previous home.


A small tree, works for this 42" square quilt but it won't work for anything larger.
The greenery brings out the green in the quilt.


A bed of vinca vine, I like the texture it gives to the background.


And the old faithful rocking chair, it's falling apart so won't be used much longer or 
maybe I'll just put it in the flower bed.

Anybody recognize the milk box?  
It's originally from my hubby's home town, although we didn't buy it there.


Quilting detail, feathers, not too bad for an amateur!

I was privileged to go with a friend to my first quilt show last week.
Wow, all the loveliness and how humbling but I won't let that
stop me from making my simple projects.

Enjoying our lovely weather today!
Carolyn

7 comments:

Pattilou said...

Although I love quilt shows, I love comfort quilts even more. Your new quilt is just charming!

ozzypip said...

Cute little quilt. The greenery does bring out the green in the quilt. Always tricky finding a good photography spot. My backyard is really shaded but then the sun breaks through creating shadows! fun times trying to get a nice photo

Mari said...

Great feathers! I always have trouble knowing where to photograph quilts. Look like you have a lot of good options!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Your feathers look great! I'm not ready to try them yet, but one day. Looks like you have a lot of options for taking photos!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love it shown on the tree!

Karabeta said...

I like how the circles-round-squares-quilting both breaks and emphasizes the squares and the cathedral windows effect it creates.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Welcome to Tuesday Archives!! Perfect post to share under our lap quilt themes...

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...