Friday, July 11, 2014

Sun bleaching table linens


Yesterday, Andrea and I found 2 Christmas Tablecloths at a local yard sale.


I soaked overnight, added some hydrogen peroxide this morning and washed.
I've heard that putting wet linens on green grass helps to bleach them.
It seems to be working.


The 3rd tablecloth I found many years ago at a thrift store and
currently use it everyday on my kitchen table.
It has been stained since the day I purchased it, but I don't see them now.  
I'm thinking this is just too easy - 
maybe I can't see the stains with the sun reflecting off all that white.

Time will tell!
Carolyn

No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...