Saturday, September 27, 2014

BARN / MAILBOX QUILT

My first attempt at painting a barn quilt.
I chose to make a double sided 14 inch square
quilt block that hangs below the mailbox.
Each side is different.


The 3/4 inch plywood was found at a local fix-it thrift store.
What a fun place, it's a home improvement store that everything, either new or used,
has been donated.  The proceeds support a local non-profit agency.
So a win-win!  This piece of wood costs me 50 cents.



GPS doesn't recognize our address until you are past the driveway,
so now we can tell people to turn at the quilt block :)

Next, I have plans for a barn quilt featuring autumn leaves,
hope I get it finished before winter.

Carolyn



1 comment:

karenbbsnow said...

Love it! We've been wanting to make one for the side of our garage.

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...