Friday, June 24, 2022

Spring/Summer Bag

Continuing on my summer project list is a new bag/purse for me.

I had the tan and black fabrics in my stash and purchased the floral fabric from a local quilt shop. The tan piece is a sample from an upholstery/commercial fabric outlet shop that has been out of business for several years. The black may have been from the same shop, it's more of a sport fabric, rip-stop, jacket type. I've used it on other bags, but there are only a few small scraps remaining so maybe I can make a pouch or 2 yet.


My bags are all about pockets. 
One zipper pocket, a large divider pocket to keep things from floating around in the bag and multiple slip pockets along the one side. I have become so accustomed to having these pockets that it's nearly impossible for me to purchase a pre-made bag for myself. Guess I'm a creature of habit....LOL


The bag is machine quilted, simple lines on the tan part and a free motion meander on the floral section. I used a Pellon non-fusible foam (instead of batting) for stability and pre-quilted cotton for the lining. These are also standard features for my bags. Yes, it increases the cost but also increases the durability and style.


It's been awhile since I made a bag for myself so there were some mistakes or should I say design changes along the way but all in all I'm please with the end product.

Thanks for stopping by,
Carolyn

 

No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...