Friday, October 28, 2022

Autumn Plaid


Completed the quilting on my Autumn Plaid quilt.
Plaid quilts seems to be popular and I couldn't resist the challenge.



The backing is a linen from my stash.


The free-motion quilting features pumpkins and oak leaves in alternating blocks.
I could tell I'm out of practice with FMQ but finished is better than perfect.


At one point I took a break from quilting, I wasn't happy with the oak leaf design, but decided it wasn't worth the time to rip it all out.
I am pleased with the outcome! 
It will make a beautiful addition to our home decor.


And one more picture to show some of the autumn color in our yard. According to the weather forecaster, leaves in our area are at full-color this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by my little blog!

Carolyn
 

No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...