Monday, September 7, 2009

I went Baby Quilt crazy......image heavy

Don't get too excited, these quilts were made over the past year or so.
I love seeing quilts hanging on a clothes line.......


back view.....


This quilt is for a friend who just became a grandmother.....


close-up of quilting.....


I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this quilt. It's made from a thrifted bed sheet. And actually I made a big mistake, the large white blocks were suppoed to be the yellow flowered fabric......but after I decided to do the freestyle daisy quilting in the white squares, I LOVE IT, so much so that I may not be able to part with it...LOL...and you know I don't need a baby quilt!!!


close-up of freestyle daisy........


This and the next small quilts will be donated to a local hospital NICU. They like small colorful quilts to put over the isolets. This is the first crazy patching I tried, it worked but I need to work on this technique.
The border fabric of the pink quilt was from a thrifted bed sheet and the fabric used for the blue quilt was originally curtains in Heather's bedroom....love sewing with repurposed fabrics :-)









Back to working on purses.....or maybe I'll finished the quilt I've been making for my bed. I make quilts for lots of people, but don't have one that I made on my own bed, how silly is that!!!

Thanks for visiting......Carolyn

1 comment:

ReviewsbyHeidi said...

Carolyn~ these are gorgeous! I wish I had driven by when you had them hanging on the line. Looks like an Amish farm in Lancaster or something. Anyway, when are you going to start teaching some quilting classes?!

I just put Ian's quilt back on his bed - I don't know if you remember or not, but he was afraid of the bugs on it! I just folded it and put it to the bottom so he doesn't have to cover with it - but he still says "I don't like that cover!"

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...