Friday, August 6, 2010

Vintage and Scrap Fabric Bag

Unlike recent years, 2010 has not been a year for me making lots of bags. However, I had the "itch" for a new bag and I can no longer purchase one that suits me, so I got busy sewing.


The flowered fabric is vintage bark cloth, purchased at a local thrift store and the aqua and black fabrics were scraps from other projects. I just love using scraps, they are like buried treasures in my sewing room! This bag is large, maybe too large, we will see :)

The bag is perched on our new hammock, we all love this new comfy spot in our backyard, that may be one reason I'm not getting much sewing done! I have so many projects swimming around in my head, it's just time to get some started.....and I just now thought about Christmas, wonder what gifts I will make this year.....keep watching ;)

Hope you are enjoying your summer!
Carolyn

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Gorgeous! Love it! I can picture it on your arm. :)

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...