Monday, January 10, 2011

New - Vintage Quilt

Our daughter loves quilts on her bed. One that she loves and uses was made by my grandmother and is showing lots of wear, so I've requested that she no longer use it. She was looking for a replacement so I dug this vintage quilt out of my cedar chest. My mother believed in keeping our hands busy, my sister and I made these state bird/flower blocks as children.  We each made our own set of all 50 states.  Mother later stitched them into a quilt. Mine has lived in my cedar chest I suppose since I've had a cedar chest....nearly 30 years.


Does anyone remember "liquid embroidery"? Yes, this is painted design not thread. And the quilting was done by hand.....thanks Mom!!!



Thanks for taking a peak into my creative past.....
Carolyn

No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...