Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Free Motion Quilting

Over the past few years, I have enjoyed the challenge of Free Motion Quilting (FMQ). The internet has been my main source of instruction and inspiration. FMQ takes lots of practice, but I think of it as doodling with fabric, machine and thread, instead of paper and pen.  It's just plain fun to me!!!

These pictures are a few samples of my FMQ work.




Now, thanks to a Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts, for posting a link to a great resource for free motion quilting, Christina at A Few Scraps.  I'm excited to try some of Christina's designs....if you too are interested in Free Motion Quilting, check out these great blogs.

Happy stitching!!!
Carolyn


No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...