Friday, October 7, 2011

Refinished / repurposed furniture project

Today, Greg and I just completed refinishing this pine corner cupboard. 
It sits next to our tv and will hold dvd's, etc.  I'm tired of messy, open shelves.
The cabinet was a purchased at a local Amish used furniture store.
The owner goes to auctions and buy furniture, etc. to resell.


I tried to get an aged look. 
After a light sanding (Greg's part), I painted the cabinet antique white.
Then I added black paint to a glaze base,
brushed it on and wiped it off until I got the affect I wanted.
....we really like the finished project!


We spray painted the brass colored hardware in hammered dark gray.
Greg also did all the tearing apart and reassembling.


I forgot to take a before picture, this is the side of the drawer,
the only part of the cabinet I didn't paint. 
So you can get an idea of the original cabinet color.


I do like this look but I wouldn't want all my furniture like this. 
Besides it's a lot of work, now back to sewing projects :)
So what you do think?

Thanks for stopping by....
Carolyn

No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...