Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Aqua anyone?

I found this awesome aqua textured fabric for a new bag.
Trust me the color is better in person :)
I also found more of this rich dark brown fabric, I used it once before.
The pictures don't show it, but the brown fabric has a leather look,
although it's soft and easy to work with.


After lots of trials and errors, ripping and redoing,
I learned a lot and I love the result. 


This bag features an outside pocket and a zip closure.
It's fully lined, with pockets inside too.
I used heavy interfacing to help the bag keep it's shape.
Time will tell if it keeps that shape.


Thankfully,
I have enough fabric to make another bag,
if this one doesn't work for me. 


Now it's time to get ready for a special sewing/quilting retreat with my sisters and Aunt.
I'm so excited!!!
Carolyn

No comments:

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...