Friday, September 12, 2014

Nightstand Refinished, Guest Room Debut

In the process of preparing a guest room in our home, I refinished this nightstand.  It has served many purposes over the years and just needed freshen up.  I painted the stand 2 coats of gray and then roughed up the edges.  It won't win any awards but was a fun little project and is perfect for it's new location.




I almost forgot to take a before picture, so this is after it's on the saw horses.  And below you will see that our granddaughter got in on the sanding action.  She is a busy toddler that loves to help!




Now for the unveiling - our guest room is ready for occupancy.  The quilts are antique, made by my mother and grandmother and nothing matches but it's cozy and comfortable.  Eventually I'll get around to decorating the walls.  The wall color is Gray Ghost, it's the perfect mix of gray and tan.  For this house it is our neutral color.




The reservation book is ready, who's coming to visit?  

Carolyn




1 comment:

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your guest room with your mother's and grandmother's quilts looks cozy and welcoming just as a guest room should.

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...