My completed Autumn Leaves barn quilt.
An in process picture may be found here
As with many projects, I went through several versions.
Below is my original idea, Ombre Autumn Leaves,
but the effect didn't show well, so I repainted
as Patchwork Ombre Autumn Leaves (shown above).
This exact pattern is my own, but I found plenty of
inspiration on Pinterest.
Next on my painting table was a Snow Cardinal Barn Quilt.
This is the original version. But in my opinion
the fussy snowflake didn't "play well" with
the freehand pine branches.
So back to the drawing board.
And a new snowflake was born, complete with shading.
Now that's better :)
The completed barn quilt.
This is my favorite so far.
And ... taadaa ... here it is displayed on the house
Once again I was able to use thrifted wood
to make this beautiful addition to our new home.
I have more wood and some ideas but
they will wait until I get spring fever.
Back to Christmas projects!