Tuesday, January 6, 2015

REMAKE SKIRT TO PURSE


The end result.......a lovely wool purse
that began as a thrifted skirt.


I used a little different technique this time,
binding (like that of a quilt) is securing 
the end panel to the front & back.


A fun project and first finish for 2015.

I also recently completed this doll sized diaper
bag for my granddaughter's 2nd birthday.


It was made from the scraps of this doll bassinet.


Happy Birthday Ellie!

No resolutions for 2015.  After last year's huge
events (buying a home, moving, remodeling, daughter's wedding, etc.), I'm hoping for a more relaxed year!

Happy New Year!
Carolyn



4 comments:

Windy Hill Happenings said...

How clever is this...what a great way to recycle...

wish2stitch said...

So cool and very clever.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Very very clever of you! Looks great!

Lynette said...

OK - super creative, and I love the result!~

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...