Saturday, December 30, 2017

Winter Wall Hanging

I recently completed this Winter Wall Hanging.


It went through a few design stages


but I'm pleased with the final result.



The pine bough is simple thread art by machine.



The applique is raw edge secured with more thread art.
I still enjoy using this method to add dimension 
and interest to a quilt.


This project counts as a scrap/stash buster,
I didn't purchase anything to make it....although
my selections of scrap fabrics and especially thread colors are 
dwindling.  That's not a bad thing....just means I need to 
plan ahead instead of simply assuming I have a thread color that
will match any applique project.

This wall hanging will find it's home in my office at work.

Today's a snowy one in southern Pennsylvania.
Hoping it clears enough to go to a family Christmas gathering.



HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Carolyn 

3 comments:

marebear said...

Such a cute wallhanging! Great job! Adding applique to your pieced work adds artistic interest. Lovely.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That turned out oh-SEW-cute!!!

Lynette said...

This is really neat, Carolyn. I love the focus fabric on the bluebird wing and the thread-art details of the pine boughs.

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...