Monday, June 17, 2019

1930's Print Quilt

While in Ohio Amish country a few years ago,
I purchased a charm pack of 1930's print fabric.
I have always loved the vintage prints and finally bought a pack.


After playing with the squares I realized I needed more.
So I put it on my Christmas wish list.
My son-in-law bought 2 more packs on-line.


I found the yellow yardage at JoAnn and sewed the top 
together months ago.  It's been laying in my sewing room 
waiting for quilting design inspiration.
The backing is a thrifted, vintage sheet.


We've had a stressful transition in our family this year and
my energy was consumed with just living but last week
I found inspiration on Pinterest and the energy to sew.


It's not perfect, I was a little rusty with my free motion quilting,
but I love the quilt all the same.


Thanks for stopping by my little blog.
Carolyn


1 comment:

LES is More said...

Did you use the 5” charm patch to make the 9 patch blocks, or cut them down to 2 1/2” squares? I have some charm blocks I would like to make into this simple, classic block. It’s beautiful!

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...