Thursday, March 21, 2013

Summer Wall Hanging

I'm finally ahead of the seasons (well at least with this project).
This 27" square wall hanging still needs quilted but I like the way it has come together.
The fabric is Tend the Earth by Deb Strain for Moda.
I won this charm pack last February as part of Sarah's Scrappy Block Challenge.


The hand dyed fabric used for the flower petals was also a prize.
The green stem, yo-yo and micro border fabrics are from my stash.


And the design concept of light squares surrounded by the dark squares
came from this Pin.  I think the key to this design is the micro border,
without it the contrast of the light and dark just didn't stand out.

I'm happy to have put these bits and pieces from the on-line quilting world to 
good use when making my latest project.  
Most likely, I'll find some quilting inspiration on-line too.

And now for the grand baby update.
Ellie is now 10 weeks old.


"Hello quilting world!"

Carolyn 

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts
and



2 comments:

Ida said...

This is lovely. I agree that the micro border really works well to separate the light blocks from the dark. And I LOVE the flower. Really Beautiful (the baby too!).

Anonymous said...

makes me long for spring to start showing up here

Summer of Sewing, bag edition part 2

 Let's continue this "crazy bag" ride.... A friend from church requested a bag. My fabric selections are getting slim but I ca...